2 September 2019

Several trespassers stopped in their tracks in weekend arrests

Blue Security armed response officers arrested five suspects in separate incidents at the weekend.

Blue Security community and media liaison officer Andreas Mathios said officers apprehended suspects in Waterfall, Durban North, the Bluff and in Morningside where a resident alerted an officer to a wanted suspect who he had identified via a social media group.

Several trespassers stopped in their tracks in weekend arrests

Suspect arrested for tampering with Morningside water metre.

In Morningside a resident made contact with Blue Security to advise that he had spotted a wanted suspect walking past his home on Friday at around 6.50pm. He had seen footage of the suspect on the community What’s App group. “The suspect was seen on CCTV footage tampering with a water metre on Goble Road. Our officer responded to the scene and located the suspect walking along Hollander Crescent. He arrested the suspect and handed him over to the Berea SAPS at the scene,” Mathios said.

Mathios said that in the latest incident in the early hours of Sunday morning two suspects were arrested in Durban North when an armed response officer caught them trespassing on a property. The incident occurred at 2.27am.
“The officer responded to the property where he found the suspects still on the premises. He arrested them and handed over to the police,” he said.

Mathios said a suspect was arrested on the Bluff where he was caught trespassing on a property at around 12.55 and in the process of breaking into a vehicle. “The suspect was found on the back of a bakkie trying to force open the back glass to break into the front of the vehicle. He was arrested and handed over to members of Brighton Beach SAPS at the scene of the crime,” he said.

Mathios added that a fifth suspect was arrested in Waterfall on Friday afternoon after a resident spotted him trespassing on a property at around 14.45pm. “Our officer responded to the scene and arrested the suspect who had gained entry onto the premises by digging a hole underneath the boundary fence. He was handed over to the Hillcrest SAPS,” he said.

Share this: